Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mid-term (respond to classmate's post) 4

Respond to Mike's Absolute Vodka ad

It is very interesting that you have bring 2 advertisements of Absolute Vodka, and I think you did a good job on analysising the method of how they promote the product on print ad. I agree that they sell the product with tragedy. I think it is very neat that Vodka use a car accident backgrand to promote their beer, I'm not sure if the ad really increased people to buy their product, but I would for sure thinking of Absolute when I'm drunk driving, which mean it at least leave a deep impression to an ad reader who does drink sometime. Many people use alcohol to reach fantasy, something that could never happen but longing for it. I think that ad do make some people interest get Absolute, just to have a sweet dream.
February 27, 2008 9:41 PM

No comments: